Welcome to your bespoke, fully restored 1950’s garden studio retreat, in paradise Raglan. Your studio is unique and has been lovingly and carefully renovated and curated by women for women. A perfect place to relax and unwind for a seaside break.
Your boutique studio is set in our private garden, located in Lorenzen Bay, near the water’s edge. You have glimpses of the inner harbour from your studio, and your own private entrance through our property. Your studio is separate from our house. Bring your swimming costumes and your SUP. We also have two kayaks which you are welcome to use.
We are a short 5 minute drive from the centre of Raglan where you’ll find lots of cafes, shops and eateries. Raglan is a lovely coastal town with around 3,300 residents, located on the West Coast of New Zealand’s North Island. It is renowned for its surfing beaches, volcano (Mount Karioi), paddle boarding and kayaking. There are numerous health practitioners, artists and art studios, a museum, outdoor adventures, fishing, horse riding, and bush walks to enjoy. Ngarunui beach and Manu Bay are 5 minutes from the town centre, and beautiful Bridal Veil Falls is located 20 minutes inland.
Fresh eggs from our chickens, local sourdough bread, fruit and organic milk is provided on your first morning in the studio, including a selection of teas and coffee throughout your stay.
Quality 100% cotton bed linen with bamboo and duck down pillows, feather and cotton duvets, lush fluffy cushions and throws, and dressing gowns and slippers.
Raglan offers great outdoors and a plethora of health practitioners. Enjoy: surfing, swimming, kayaking, SUP, horse riding, kite surfing, bush, mountain and beach walks, yoga, massage, reiki, and much more!
Warm comfy medium firm bed with lush throws, a TV and DVD Player with a broad range of films and many books to browse. Peace and quiet, apart from the birdsong in the trees.
Dressing gowns and slippers, oil heater, hot water bottles, fan, wool carpet, quality towels washed with Ecostore liquid, natural soaps and Ecostore toiletries.
Your own small patio garden, use of two kayaks (weather/tide dependent), fresh eggs from our chooks, over 18 cafes and eateries in Raglan, plus the surf, sun and sea.
Raglan has a reputation for being green and having sustainability as part of its ethos. We uphold the same values. We compost, recycle, upcycle, reuse and repair. Our studio is one big upcycled project!
- Studio: bed, sofabed, writing desk, bluetooth speaker, free wifi internet
- Kitchenette: small fridge, toaster, hot plate, coffee plunger, teas, coffee, crockery and condiments
- Private bathroom: shower, vanity, hair dryer, towels
- Outside, your own small patio garden, deck chairs, off-road parking, EV charger available on request (for a small fee)
- No TV channels or Sky – this is your time to unplug, relax and unwind
- No cooking facilities other than a toaster kettle and hotplate – there are plenty of cafes in town
- No washing machine – there is a launderette in town
- We live on the property. The studio is next to our house.